Wire Ties #33 6-1/2" x 11-1/2 ga. (Bag of 100)
The American Fence Company
About this item
- 100 WIRE TIES: This product contains 100 aluminum wire ties, each one strong but flexible.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Each tie features a hooked end. The hook goes through a knuckle at the upper edge of the chain link mesh. Next, wrap the tie completely around the rail. This secures the mesh against tautly the rail and closes off loose points. These wire ties can also be used in attaching chain link to line posts.
- RUST-RESISTANT: These chain link wire ties are fabricated using 9 gauge aluminum for superior rust resistance, which contributes to your fence’s strength and longevity.
- PERFECT FOR GALVANIZED CHAIN LINK: The gray aluminum color blends smoothly into the mesh and framework of galvanized chain link fence panels.
- NUMEROUS APPLICATIONS: In addition to traditional residential and commercial chain link fence applications, these wire ties can be used when building kennels and garden fences.
Despite their simple appearances, wire ties are essential in the completion of a chain link fence. Once you’ve installed your fence posts, set up the rails, attached the chain link mesh, and stretched it with tension bars and bands, it’s important to seal off all remaining loose points between the mesh and the top rails. As you’ll notice, each wire tie has been fabricated with a hooked end. Use this hook to grip a “knuckle” in the fabric’s top edge. Pinch the hook to firmly grip that knuckle, and then wrap the “tail” of the wire around the top rail. You can wrap the remainder of the tail around a wire in the chain link in whatever technique you prefer. This order consists of 100 wire ties, each fabricated using 9 gauge aluminum. The material provides superior rust resistance, which contributes to the longevity of your fence. Remember: your fence and fence ties are exposed to the element, including rain. Staving off rust keeps your fence strong and secure longer.
How the part fits? The 6-1/2” wire ties are designed to go around line posts and over top rail.
Where is it installed? The 6-1/2” wire tie is installed every 24” on the top rail, and for your line post you will have the height of your fence minus 1. For example: for a 4’ fence you will have 3 wire ties. The 3 ties will be evenly spaced out, the first one 6” from the bottom and the last one 6” from the top.
How many do you need? You will need one wire tie every 24” for the top rail, and height of your fence minus 1 for each line post.
Fits 1-5/8" and 2" post.
The tie is design to hook the first knuckle of the chain link and bend the hook end past rest of the tie.