You have selected your fence type, style, height and color. If you have not, please start with our customer friendly “Shop By Fence Style.” See you back here in a few. If you know what you want and are ready to calculate the materials, please move forward.
Step 1: Lay out your fence.
- Your fence is a series of runs. Each run is defined by a start and ending point. These start and ending points are your end, corner and gate posts.
- These start and end points are generally referred to as terminal posts. Where asked, you will select the type of terminal post at each start and end.
Step 2: Measure each run.
- Measure each run and gate opening.
- Now record your measurements on a layout much like the one above. OR Enter your measurements into the easy-peasy fence materials calculator.
Step 3: Pick a starting point to begin entering your fence layout.
- It is generally a good idea to start on the left hand side where your fence comes off your home, if applicable.
- Select your starting terminal post type. In this case, it would be an end post if we started on the left hand side near the house.
- Enter in your first stretch / gate opening. Here it is 9' 2" run.
- Select your ending terminal post type. In our example, it is a gate post.
- Enter in your second stretch / gate opening. Our example is a 4' gate opening.
- Select your next starting terminal post type. Here it is a gate post.
- Enter in your third stretch / gate opening. In our example, it is 9' 4" run.
- Select your ending terminal post type, Our example is a corner post.
- Enter in your fourth stretch / gate opening. Here it is 36' 8".
- Please note that by selecting your start and ending posts you will be entering some posts twice. Our Fence Estimators will correct this for you.
Get the idea?
If not, please call one of our customer service representatives.
Step 4: Once complete, click "Calculate Your Fence Now."
A representative will contact you with recommendations.